Skip to main content

COMMITMENT: WORD IS BOND


"I can't commit to that right now"

I know, commitment is scary. You're locking yourself into something that you usually have no idea what the outcome is going to be. You have to hold yourself accountable for something. In some cases, there are others holding you accountable as well. And that feeling can be very overwhelming. Hell, some of ya'll too scared to commit to an event on Facebook.

Non commitment gives you the freedom to walk away without judgement. Well, I'm going to judge you whether you commit or not.

"Word is Bond." - I was always taught that if I gave someone my word that I was going to do something, then I should always follow through. And if I find myself unable to follow through, I should offer an explanation as to why. And the "why" better be a damn good reason.

Photo: Paparazzi

In my personal experience, I've found that fear was keeping me from commitment:

1. Fear of Disappointing Myself - I launched Aintbritfunny in 2014. I only wrote posts or did videos here and there because I was afraid they wouldn't be good enough. In 2018, I finally mustered up the courage to allow 1 day out of my week for a blog post. Which in turn, made me commit to 4 days of self promotion. See how that chain reaction works?

2. Fear of Inconsistency - I hate starting something that I can't finish. I also hate PEOPLE who start things they can't finish. I don't want to be one of them. We all know that life happens and things change. So, I had to start with just being committed to being consistent.

3. Fear of the Unknown - When you're making a decision to commit, you're usually thinking of all the things that can go wrong. But, isn't life really all about trial and error? Sometimes, you just have to go for it. 

Friends, family, people that clicked this link, the moral of the story is: Start somewhere. Some weeks I have 100+ readers, some weeks I might have 5. But EVERY week I have a post, a video or a promotion. At the end of the day, I'm showing myself that I can be committed to this. And if I can commit to this, I can commit to other things.

Ya'll know what I'm saying?

See you next week!

-BRIT

Comments

  1. True Story! Fear and lack of commitment is no good!����

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PUT YOUR PHONE DOWN

"I need a break." I have to say, I have been finding the internet to be exceptionally entertaining and funny lately. I'm always cracking up at someone's Instagram post, a meme on Facebook, or some random footage from Twitter. But then, there's the negativity, which is extremely draining. Y'all, I don't care how bad things get in my life, please, please, please, don't let me get on the internet arguing with people that don't have a profile picture and misspelling stuff trying to send a subliminal message to my man. Just... take my phone... okay? Photo: Stephen Nitz When I broke up with my last boyfriend, which was in the year 1802, I purposely took a short break from social media. I was upset and when I'm upset, like most folk, I have a tendency to make that apparent. I'd found myself clapping back at someone on social media once before and I was like "Britney girl, what you doin'? Ain't that why you got a blog?&quo

BRIT AIN`T JUST FUNNY

"So are you scared to kiss?" Guys, I`m the most awkward actress when it comes to love scenes. I know what you're thinking. "You're a comedic actress, why are you doing love scenes?", the answer is, because I`m sexy and desirable and dudes want to kiss me on camera. No seriously, I do a lot more than comedy. Making people laugh just happens to be one of my strong points. I am always open to more serious roles and I can do a pretty good job, if I say so myself! I've played everything from an old lady, to an old man, to a sexy new girl on the job (that was back when I could still fit them Abercrombie jeans). Oh my gosh y'all, let me tell you about the first time I had to kiss a guy on stage. First of all, I had a crush on him to begin with. My teacher grouped us together on purpose and gave us a scene as husband and wife. Our first day of rehearsal he asks me, "So are you scared to kiss?" In the back of my head I'm like "Yeah, we

SIMON SAYS: CHILL OUT

"I'm just not feeling it right now." Lately, I've had a lack of creativity. I usually feel like I'm bursting with so many ideas that I can't write them down fast enough. I don't know if it's writer's block, I'm uninspired or maybe I'm just so relaxed from the hot girl summer, that I'm not motivated to do anything but take pictures with a lil bit of cleavage showing so that somebody's son can slide into my DM's for cuffing season. Photo: My Mama Yeah. That's prolly what it is. We live in a world where they try to tell us that "Rich people don't sleep" or, folks are constantly pushing this "No days off" narrative. But, if we are constantly working ourselves to death, where do we find the time to be still so that we can hear what the next move is supposed to be? Photo: The homie Sarita This time last year, I made a promise to myself that I was going to go hard for my bra