Skip to main content

The Good Girl

"Wait, am I going to get in trouble if I do that?" I`ve always been that "by the book" type of person. If I didn`t get permission to do it, it`s not happening. Yep, you guessed it, my friends hated me in high school. 

I was the one with the curfew at midnight. No, I couldn`t sneak inside of the house because my mother and father were always sitting on the couch in the front room waiting for me to get in. And if I wasn`t home by midnight, I had a five minute grace period before they were blowing up my little flip phone. "Where are you? Do you know what time it is?" "Yes mom, I`m down the street." We were really just getting off of the highway but it was no red lights and my friend had a heavy foot. 

*Shout Out to Laster and Sophia Douglas.*

I was always the "good girl" and that was NOT a compliment. Being the good girl meant that you were stuck up, weird, boring, funny acting, etc. I`m actually all of those things when I`m hungry so they weren't completely misjudging me. It was because I wasn`t having sex, smoking and partying. Instead, I was at home eating dinner with my family, annoying my brother, and writing B2K a thousand times in bubble letters like a normal sixteen year old. 

My point is, if you are a young lady reading this, there is nothing wrong with being a "good girl". Carrying that title has only kept me from the things and people that don`t mean me any good. 

I still like my dudes to have a little G in them though. Even if you never killed anybody, I`d like to believe that you can. Not me though, I`ll choke you.

-BRIT

Comments

  1. Good girls unite!!! I was seen as all of the above and still am to this day. I guess that's why I'm bf-less, not necessarily a bad thing. Just a lonely thing. And then all of the "good guys" are being corrupted and trapped by rachets! This is a travesty that must be stopped!!! We should start a movement: the end of the rachet is here!! No longer shall we shame our youth for practicing what most of us have given up: Morals. We need to start remembering those things we've heard in church, school and home. If you wouldn't do it in front of ur p-units how can u think it's okay to do in public?? That's just the old head in me talking bcuz I've got my faults fa sho.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'M HELLA BORED: CHANGE OF HABITS

"Ugh, I'm bored." Hey ya'll! Welcome to 2019! I'm so glad that you decided to bring me with you instead of leaving me in the old year with all the people you hate. I know it's the top of the year and most of us are already a few days into our new diet plans. We cold. We mean. And we hungry. But, if you want to see change, you have to make a change, right? Photo: My Mama Change is the one thing that is consistent in our lives. Nothing ever stays the same. For the month of January, I'll be talking to you all about CHANGE . Which can mean a lot of different things for a lot of people. For me, this first week of 2019, it meant boredom . Before Christmas, I promised myself that after I finished my last blog post, I was taking some time to myself. Now, if ya'll follow me on social media, you know I go hard with the self promotion. I'm in ya'll face every. damn. day. And it ain't nothing you can do to stop me because I feel like I ha...

BRIT AIN`T JUST FUNNY

"So are you scared to kiss?" Guys, I`m the most awkward actress when it comes to love scenes. I know what you're thinking. "You're a comedic actress, why are you doing love scenes?", the answer is, because I`m sexy and desirable and dudes want to kiss me on camera. No seriously, I do a lot more than comedy. Making people laugh just happens to be one of my strong points. I am always open to more serious roles and I can do a pretty good job, if I say so myself! I've played everything from an old lady, to an old man, to a sexy new girl on the job (that was back when I could still fit them Abercrombie jeans). Oh my gosh y'all, let me tell you about the first time I had to kiss a guy on stage. First of all, I had a crush on him to begin with. My teacher grouped us together on purpose and gave us a scene as husband and wife. Our first day of rehearsal he asks me, "So are you scared to kiss?" In the back of my head I'm like "Yeah, we ...