Skip to main content

JUNE 24TH FOR THE 26TH TIME

"This year I turn 26, damn it seem it came so quick. My ass and legs have gotten thick." Those are words from the great Erykah Badu. I tweaked the age a little bit. Man, I can really relate to that line. If you didn`t know, I celebrated my 26th birthday on June 24, 2015.

Every birthday that I`ve ever had, I`ve looked forward to. I planned parties, organized trips, time off from work, etc. But this birthday was different. It didn`t feel the same this year. Usually, I`m anticipating the 24th. "What am I gonna wear?", "I need to loose some weight!", "I need home girl to take my shift!" Nope. Not this year. I was in the airport traveling for work because I. NEED. MONEY. I spent the months before planning new insurance and thinking about how I`m only 4 years away from 30. I can`t even click the 18-25 age group on job applications now. I`m starting to think about stability and stuff. All the bagels and sandwich breads are going to my hips. I`m attracted to dudes that wear blue tooth's and clip their phones to their belts. No I`m not that last line was a lie. Those men probably wear the powder on they chest too.

This year was all about investing in myself. What I would have spent on a trip out of town for my birthday, I took that and moved to L.A. to chase a dream. Touch your neighbor and say "growth" then ask your neighbor if they got ten dollars to loan me until I get paid next week.

-BRIT

Comments

  1. 😎👏🏾👏🏾🎉🎂🎁

    I hope you enjoyed your bday in beautiful L.A.!!

    What'd ya do?? What'd ya do??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Good Girl

"Wait, am I going to get in trouble if I do that?" I`ve always been that "by the book" type of person. If I didn`t get permission to do it, it`s not happening. Yep, you guessed it, my friends hated me in high school.  I was the one with the curfew at midnight. No, I couldn`t sneak inside of the house because my mother and father were always sitting on the couch in the front room waiting for me to get in. And if I wasn`t home by midnight, I had a five minute grace period before they were blowing up my little flip phone. "Where are you? Do you know what time it is?" "Yes mom, I`m down the street." We were really just getting off of the highway but it was no red lights and my friend had a heavy foot.  *Shout Out to Laster and Sophia Douglas.* I was always the "good girl" and that was NOT a compliment. Being the good girl meant that you were stuck up, weird, boring, funny acting, etc. I`m actually all of those things when I`m hun...

NEW YEAR, FRESH START

"New year, New me." -All of ya'll, every year Well, since we're still in December and on the subject of gifts, let's talk about the gift of a FRESH START . Nah, I'm not talking about you calling your ex back and acting like you weren't trash for the bulk of the year. You need to get left in 2018. I'm talking about truly stepping back, reflecting and taking action in new ways. Now, I know a lot of people roll their eyes when folks start talking about the things that they want to do differently in the new year, how they about to be skinny and how they not bringing all that negative energy into this new chapter. And yea, they might be a little extra with it, but that's the beauty of a reset. Photo: Britney Annice I used to think that New Year's resolutions meant that I had done something wrong and needed to change it. Like this was my time to reflect on my mistakes, my weight, my eating habits, my career and change everything about ...

I'M HELLA BORED: CHANGE OF HABITS

"Ugh, I'm bored." Hey ya'll! Welcome to 2019! I'm so glad that you decided to bring me with you instead of leaving me in the old year with all the people you hate. I know it's the top of the year and most of us are already a few days into our new diet plans. We cold. We mean. And we hungry. But, if you want to see change, you have to make a change, right? Photo: My Mama Change is the one thing that is consistent in our lives. Nothing ever stays the same. For the month of January, I'll be talking to you all about CHANGE . Which can mean a lot of different things for a lot of people. For me, this first week of 2019, it meant boredom . Before Christmas, I promised myself that after I finished my last blog post, I was taking some time to myself. Now, if ya'll follow me on social media, you know I go hard with the self promotion. I'm in ya'll face every. damn. day. And it ain't nothing you can do to stop me because I feel like I ha...