Skip to main content

THAT`S SO ANNOYING

I`m pretty much an easy going lady. I don`t get upset quickly and even if I do, there`s some strong method to my madness. But do you know one thing that makes me upset? Pisses me off? Grinds my gears? Makes me wanna to choke a granny? (Not my granny, she kinda strong). Its when people spell or pronounce my name wrong when it`s right in front of their face!

Emails, Facebook, Instagram, Classrooms, it happens to me everywhere! I thought my mom made it simple for ya`ll by giving me a 2 syllable name. Come on everybody say it with me, "Brit-ney". Not "Brittany". Not "Brittney". Not "Brittnee". Those are all different types of people.

I`d like to think of "Brittany" as my alter ego. She only comes out when I`m hungry, tired, or at church ready to go and my mama won`t stop talking to her friends. Ya`ll don`t want to meet her.

So, if your having a brain freeze, an off day, or just know damn well you never pay attention to the obvious, simply say, type or write "Brit". Thanks in advance!

I even spelled it out for ya'll back in 2013. (See below)

-BRIT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Good Girl

"Wait, am I going to get in trouble if I do that?" I`ve always been that "by the book" type of person. If I didn`t get permission to do it, it`s not happening. Yep, you guessed it, my friends hated me in high school.  I was the one with the curfew at midnight. No, I couldn`t sneak inside of the house because my mother and father were always sitting on the couch in the front room waiting for me to get in. And if I wasn`t home by midnight, I had a five minute grace period before they were blowing up my little flip phone. "Where are you? Do you know what time it is?" "Yes mom, I`m down the street." We were really just getting off of the highway but it was no red lights and my friend had a heavy foot.  *Shout Out to Laster and Sophia Douglas.* I was always the "good girl" and that was NOT a compliment. Being the good girl meant that you were stuck up, weird, boring, funny acting, etc. I`m actually all of those things when I`m hun...

NEW YEAR, FRESH START

"New year, New me." -All of ya'll, every year Well, since we're still in December and on the subject of gifts, let's talk about the gift of a FRESH START . Nah, I'm not talking about you calling your ex back and acting like you weren't trash for the bulk of the year. You need to get left in 2018. I'm talking about truly stepping back, reflecting and taking action in new ways. Now, I know a lot of people roll their eyes when folks start talking about the things that they want to do differently in the new year, how they about to be skinny and how they not bringing all that negative energy into this new chapter. And yea, they might be a little extra with it, but that's the beauty of a reset. Photo: Britney Annice I used to think that New Year's resolutions meant that I had done something wrong and needed to change it. Like this was my time to reflect on my mistakes, my weight, my eating habits, my career and change everything about ...

I'M HELLA BORED: CHANGE OF HABITS

"Ugh, I'm bored." Hey ya'll! Welcome to 2019! I'm so glad that you decided to bring me with you instead of leaving me in the old year with all the people you hate. I know it's the top of the year and most of us are already a few days into our new diet plans. We cold. We mean. And we hungry. But, if you want to see change, you have to make a change, right? Photo: My Mama Change is the one thing that is consistent in our lives. Nothing ever stays the same. For the month of January, I'll be talking to you all about CHANGE . Which can mean a lot of different things for a lot of people. For me, this first week of 2019, it meant boredom . Before Christmas, I promised myself that after I finished my last blog post, I was taking some time to myself. Now, if ya'll follow me on social media, you know I go hard with the self promotion. I'm in ya'll face every. damn. day. And it ain't nothing you can do to stop me because I feel like I ha...